Its been a question for many restaurant owners that how to treat our customers so as to retain them, to make them convince to come again and again to us only, to see a smile on their face when they leave our eatery house.
Factually, people in restaurants come to spend some good time with their family, friends, kids, loved ones, clients etc. Giving them good experience at your eatery house will make them happier. This good experience hold by admitting 3 Restaurant Constructs viz.
i. Tasty Food, ii. Great Ambiance, iii. Meeting Service Expectations.
Here, my focus is on third point i.e. Meeting customer’s service expectations. A good customer will not look for much except ideal service constituents. These constituents may differ from customer to customer. Then how to identify which customers are to be treated in which way? For this follow some steps:
1. Try to categorize your customers on basis of their group, age, gender. for example, is customer with family, friends, formal clients or kids, or girls group, boys group bla bla bla..
2. If they are in for a formal meeting, then for sure they will not entertain much of your suggestions about food. If there are youngsters friends, you can suggest them new introduced dishes, beverage items, even combo offers & deals. If there are kids with family, give them special attention. Girls group will like some healthy food suggestions. Boys groups will live drinks suggestions. In all, show them its the place where they get what they want. This is all about offering them menu.
3. In spare of these, there are some etiquettes and manners which will add on in your services and they are:
– Be attentive to remember who has ordered which item and pro-actively serve before someone claims for it
– Offer some complementary desserts to your regular customers to retain them
– Welcome each guest of a group individually even a kid and show them a way to their table
– Be quick & responsive if they are calling you
– Follow all formal table manners like arrangement of tablewares plates & cutlery, offering chairs when they are about to sit, serving water in clean glasses etc.
– Lets not wait them for billing formalities, tablewares, water these should be all time accessible to them quickly
– Always keep an eye if they are looking for something like way to sink or restrooms and guide them
I am sure this will help you for better customer treatment and above all, Fast Service is so important for customers today as time is money. So value customer’s time. Also try iTabMenu to make your services better in terms of impressing customers with awesome menu designs, fast services. Reduce your time investment in menu management activities and invest it in implementing more customer and sales oriented strategies.